Trauma Survivors & Family Peer Support Group
TRAUMA SURVIVORS & FAMILY PEER SUPPORT GROUP
The traumatic experience impacts not only the emotional functioning of the individual but the psychosocial health of the survivor and their family. Trauma survivors – the victim and the families – may face social isolation, financial upheaval, and continuing feelings of anger, depression, or guilt. A survivor’s sense of self is challenged, and social support systems can be exhausted before recovery is complete. It is helpful to talk with others facing similar challenges. This peer support group setting offers a safe space to share the unique highs and lows of recovery while receiving encouragement from the group.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF JOINING A PEER SUPPORT GROUP?
Some benefits of a peer support group include:
· Gaining support and hope from others facing similar experiences
· Feeling less anxious, afraid or alone
· Sharing experiences and helping others
· Learning new skills for coping and enhancing your life
· Becoming more self-confident
· Feeling more in control
· Developing new friendships
MEETING DAYS AND TIMES
Bi-Weekly on Fridays
For more information call (937) 322-6532 or visit https://citilookout.org/